The Odisha government on Tuesday announced the commencement of physical classes in Technical Universities, Engineering and Professional Colleges, Polytechnics and Diploma Institutions and ITIs for all students of PG/UG/Diploma/ITI programmes across the State from September 6.
“Considering the improvement in COVID-19 situation in the State, the Government have been pleased to direct all the Technical Universities, Engineering and Professional Colleges, Polytechnics & Diploma institutions and Ms of the State, under the administrative control of the Skill Development and Technical Education (SDTE) Department, to re-open their respective institutions for all students with effect from 06.09.2021 following Standard Operating Procedure (SOP),” read a letter issued by the SDTE department.
“The physical classroom teaching for all students of PG/UG/Diploma/ITI programmes, except final year students who are already attending physical classes, may commence from 06.09.2021 after all precautionary measures such as complete sanitization and disinfection of classrooms, laboratories, hostels etc. are taken as per the COVID guideline,” the letter added.
Check the Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) For Conduct of Physical Classroom Teaching:
1. Physical classes shall be held in regular manner to cover all chapters of the syllabus irrespective of coverage of some chapters by online mode.
2. Whenever possible, the physical classroom teaching shall be recorded and shared with absentee students.
3. Following Covid-19 Prevention Protocols shall be followed.
a. Teachers/Staff/Students residing in active containment zone shall not come to Universities/Colleges.
b. Face Mask/ Face Cover shall be mandatory.
c. Frequent Hand Wash/ Hand sanitization shall be ensured.
d. Social Distancing (6 ft. distance) shall be adopted in classrooms, libraries, laboratories, etc. If needed, crowded classes can be divided into batches and teaching hours in a day can be extended.
e. Spitting shall be strictly prohibited.
f. Respiratory etiquettes shall be strictly followed. (i.e. Covering one's mouth and nose by handkerchief while coughing/sneezing).
g. Self-monitoring of health and reporting of illness should be encouraged.
4. Hostels shall be opened from 05.09.2021. All possible Covid-19 prevention protocols shall be followed in hostels.
5. In addition to commencement of physical classroom teaching for all UG/PG courses, teaching and research activities shall also commence in physical mode w.e.f 06.09.2021.