Unlock-6: Schools In Odisha To Open From November 16
Bhubaneswar: The Odisha government on Saturday issued the Unlock-6 guidelines for the month of November. As per the order, though academic institutions will remain closed till November 30, classes from IX to XII in all the schools in the State will reopen from November 16.
“However, the classes of 9th to 12th standards in schools under the control/superintendent/ supervision of School & Mass Education Department will open from November 16, 2020 as per the guidelines/ standard operating procedures (SOP) issued by the School and Mass Education Department,” read the official notification issued by the office of the Special Relief Commissioner (SRC), Government of Odisha.
Though the academic institution will remain closed, the following activities will be permitted:
- Conduct of examinations (academic, competitive and entrance test), evaluation and other administrative activities.
- Online/Distance learning shall continue to be permitted and shall be encouraged.
- School & Mass Education Department/Higher Education Department may permit teaching and non-teaching staff to be called to the schools for online teaching/ tele-counselling and related work, in areas outside the Containment Zones only as per Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) issued by the Ministry of Education/ Health & Family welfare (MOHFW), Government of India.
- Higher Education Institutions will be permitted to open only for research scholars (Ph.D) and post-graduate students in science and technology stream requiring laboratory/ experimental work.
- All training activities including skill and professional development.