Health Department Should Get COVID19 Test Results First: Odisha To Private Hospitals
Image Source: Twitter
Bhubaneswar: Private health institutions conducting Covid19 tests of people in Odisha have been asked to share the test results with the State authorities first before reporting the same to the persons concerned.
Odisha government said this on Saturday while issuing a set of guidelines for such private hospitals, labs and nursing homes conducting RT-PCR & Rapid Antigen Tests.
Highlighting separate modules of norms for RT-PCR and Rapid Antigen Tests, the government in a letter to all private medical institutions said that they can only conduct Covid test of a person under strict compliance of the guidelines as enumerated below.
Rapid Antigen Test
- Mandatorily registration of institutions under Odisha Clinical Establishment (Control & Regulation Act), 1990.
- Manpower training in consultation with the CDM and PHO of concerned district.
- Dedicated isolated swab collection booth under ICMR, BMW guidelines
- Uploading of testing result in ICMR portal by generating SRF ID through RT-PCR app
- Intimation of result to State authorities before information to person
- Ensure compliance with the testing rate as fixed by government from time to time
- Procure Antigen kits from open market while charge cost of Rs 450 per kit for the time being
- Apply for login credentials for entry of test results into IMCR portal to State Nodal Officer Braja Kishore Dash, Contact 9437034888 through CDM, PHO of concerned district
- Results of antigen test shall be uploaded in the ICMR portal through the ID of concerned district. The medical authorities should send their DEOs to the designated person of the district for entry of data till they recieve their own IDs
- Testing laboratories of medical institutions must be accredited to NABL
- Laboratories can directly apply to ICMR for login credentials available in ICMR website
- Manpower deployed must have been properly trained by ICMR approved institutions like RMRC/AIIMS, Bhubaneswar.
- RT-PCR machines should be installed in BSL-2 laboratories
- Quality assurance of laboratories should be done by RMRC, Bhubaneswar as per DHR guidelines
- RT-PCR tests should be conducted as per rates fixed by the government from time to time
(Edited By Bikram Keshari Jena)
You May Also Like: