Durga Puja: Check Guidelines Issued By Commissionerate Police, No Congregation & Immersion Ceremony This Year
Bhubaneswar: The twin city Commissionerate Police on Monday agreed to the proposals of various Puja Committees for smooth and hassle-free conduct of Durga Puja amid COVID-19 pandemic.
Police Commissioner Sudhanshu Sarangi today informed that the puja committees have accepted the conditions put forth and will observe the festivities with necessary precautions in place.
“All Puja Committees have agreed to restrict all the rituals in a closed atmosphere. There will be no public participation in Durga Puja this year. To regulate crowd, there will be no decoration, music or other cultural programmes this year,” said Sarangi.
Here are the key decisions (or the guidelines accepted by Puja Committees) which will be officially announced by Commissionerate Police soon:
- There will be no immersion ceremony. The idols will be immersed in a simple manner.
- Trolley rickshaws and auto-rikshaws will be allowed to be used during immersion. However, no tractors/ heavy vehicles will be allowed.
- As observed during Ganesh Chaturthi, idols of deities will be of 4-5 ft height.
- Only 10 persons including priests and puja committee members to be allowed for the time being.
- The maximum number of persons to be involved will be finalised after a review meeting in October.
- There will be no Ravan Podi Utsav this year.
(Edited By Devbrat Patnaik