Covid Surge: Weekend Shutdown Clamped In Rourkela Till July 31
Rourkela: Worried over rising cases of Covid-19, Sundergarh Collector Nikhil Pavan Kalyan has ordered weekend shutdown in Rourkela and Kalunga Industrial area till July 31.
Rourkela (both Rourkela Municipal Corporation area & Steel Township area) and Kalunga Industrial area will remain shut on all Saturdays and Sundays till July 31, 2020, said the official order issued by the district collector.
During the shutdown, restrictions will be imposed on intra-district movement of public and private transport and non-essential movement and assembly of people while shops and establishments, government and private institutions will remain shut.
Sundergarh district administration imposes weekend shutdown in Rourkela (RMC, Steel Township) & Kalunga Industrial area till July 31
— OTV (@otvnews) July 10, 2020
However, all medical establishments including hospitals, clinics, nursing homes, medicine stores, movement of ambulance and all medical personnel will be allowed.
Other activities which will be allowed during the shutdown are as follows:
- District and Municipal Administration/ Police/ Fire Services
- Central & State Government officials on emergency duty
- Opening of Grocery Shops & Milk booths from 6.00 AM to 2.00 PM only
- Telecom services
- Petrol pumps
- Print and Electronic Media identified by District Police
- Water supply, sanitation and sewerage workers
- Electricity supply and distribution
- Movement of goods and goods carriers, whether loaded or unloaded
- Industrial establishments, factories and construction activities
- Agriculture, Horticulture, Fisheries, Animal Husbandry, Veterinary Services and allied activities, including procurement at Mandis
- Service sector industries, including IT/ITes, Hotel & Hospitality units, Operation of hotels and hospitality units, including their associated offices, movement of staff and associated personnel
- Movement of rail transport
- Road transport on highways, road movement of transiting vehicles
- Movement of Public Transport, private vehicles and taxis (including cabs) to and from airports, railway station and bus terminals / stands/ stops, for facilitating movement of passengers by air, rail and road.
- Marriages and funerals with permission from appropriate authority as per norms
- ATMs and critical financial institutions
- Operations of Railway Stations, Bus Terminals and their associated offices, movement of associated personnel and activities.
- Home delivery of food, groceries, vegetables and essential items by restaurants and aggregators such as Zomato, Swiggy etc
- Dhabas along National and State Highways/ Major roads for takeaway only
- LPG distribution, home delivery of cooking gas and associated facilities, personnel and vehicular movement
- In-situ Construction projects of Government department only
- Newspaper hawkers between 5 am and 8 am only
Movement of individuals shall remain strictly prohibited between 9.00 pm to 5.00 am throughout Rourkela except for essential activities. All non-essential shops, whether, wholesale or retail, are allowed to function between 05.00 AM to 08.30 PM.
- There shall be no restriction on inter-State and intra-State movement of persons and goods. No Permission/ approval/ e Permit will be required for such movement.
- Intra-State Buses, City Buses, Taxis (including cabs by aggregators like Ola, Uber, etc.), Auto Rickshaws and other Passenger Vehicles, are allowed to operate with up to seating capacity of the vehicle, as mentioned in the Registration Certificate.
- Movement by passenger trains and shramik special trains, domestic passenger air travel will continue as directed by the state and central Authorities.
Any person violating these measures will be liable to be proceeded against as per the provisions of Section 51 to 60 of the Disaster Management Act, 2005, besides legal action under Section 188 of the IPC, and other legal provisions as applicable. Any deviation in this regard shall be viewed seriously and the violators will be prosecuted as per law, the Collector said.
Notably, Sundergarh reported 554 coronavirus positive cases till date of which 368 are active cases, 185 recovered and one death.
(Edited By Suryakant Jena)