COVID-19 Death Toll In Odisha Rises To 538 With 7 More Deaths; 3543 New Positive Cases
Bhubaneswar: The COVID-19 death toll in Odisha increased to 538 with seven more deaths while the cumulative caseload surged to 1,20,221 with the detection of 3,543 new cases in the last 24 hours.
According to Health and Family Welfare department, Khordha reported two deaths, while Bolangir, Cuttack, Ganjam, Malkangiri and Sundergarh reported one death each.
Of the fresh cases reported from across 30 districts, 2,161 were detected from various quarantine centres while 1,382 are local contact cases.
According to the data shared by Information and Public Relations department, Khordha reported the highest 878 cases followed by Mayurbhanj (326),Cuttack (295), Bargarh (274), Balasore (153) and Ganjam 102.
The Health and Family Welfare Department shared the details of nine Covid-19 positive patients who succumbed while undergoing treatment in hospitals.
- A- 70- year old male of Bhubaneswar
- A 78-year-old male of Bolangir who was also suffering from Diabetes, Hypertension & Old Cerebro Vascular Accident
- A 61-year-old male of Cuttack who was also suffering from Diabetes
- A 76-year-old male of Ganjam district who was also suffering from Diabetes
- A 59-year-old male of Khordha district who was also suffering from Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- A 13-year-old male child of Malkangiri district who was also suffering from Leukemia
- A 68-year-old male of Sundergarh district who was also suffering from Diabetes