Bhubaneswar: As many as five persons, who had a travel history of coronavirus affected countries, have been kept under home isolation in Odisha. As per reports, all the persons hail from Binka block in Sonepur district. Out of the five persons, three returned from Russia and Dubai while two others arrived in Odisha from the USA and Bengaluru.
As per the directions of the district health officials and the prescribed norms of the government to combat the deadly coronavirus, all the five persons have been kept under home isolation. Though they have not shown coronavirus symptoms, a medical team is constantly keeping a surveillance of the travellers in home isolation, said sources.
On the other hand, Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Sunday appealed people to practice social distancing and refrain from spreading rumours and misinformation about COVID19.
Terming the COVID19 outbreak a pandemic for human race, Patnaik stressed on collective and responsible action to combat the deadly disease.
“Each one of us has to be committed as an individual and each family has to act as a responsible unit to protect ourselves and others from this pandemic. Personal inconveniences will be faced and families may have to make sacrifices, but extraordinary circumstances call for an extraordinary response,” Patnaik said in his appeal.
Terming the #COVID19 outbreak a pandemic for human race, one without vaccine or treatment, CM @Naveen_Odisha has appealed all the citizens to practice social distancing and refrain from spreading rumours & misinformation. #CoronaVirus #StaySafe pic.twitter.com/bEtowHm4aR
— CMO Odisha (@CMO_Odisha) March 15, 2020
Earlier, a minor girl from Lithuania was among four persons who were admitted to isolation wards of hospitals in Odisha on Saturday on suspicion of being infected with the novel coronavirus.
While the Lithuania girl was admitted to the District Headquarters Hospital (DHH) in Puri, a couple who returned from Abu Dhabi was kept in the isolation ward of the MKCG Medical College and Hospital in Berhampur, officials said.
A 25-year-old man, who was studying in Italy and had returned to Odisha last week, was also admitted to the SCB Medical College and Hospital in Cuttack with flu-like symptoms.
A Health and family welfare department official said a total of 141 people are under observation after they returned to Odisha from countries hit by coronavirus.
"All the 21 samples sent for examination from Odisha have been tested negative for COVID-19," the official said.
(With PTI Inputs)