• Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • LinkedIn
  • Telegram
  • Youtube
  • otv
Suryakant Jena

An electrocution mishap wiped out almost an entire family in Odisha on Wednesday.

A couple and their daughter were killed after suffering electric shock from a circuit board in their house at Banito village under Tirtol police limits in Jagatsinghpur district on Wednesday evening. 

As per sources, one Pintu Swain’s wife Kamini came in contact with live electric current while clicking a switch on the wiring board. Without wasting time, Pintu and his eight-year-old daughter Papali rushed to save Kamini. But they too received electrical shock after coming in contact with her.

One of their neighbours, Kumarbar, immediately came to the help of the family after hearing their screams but he too suffered the shock. 

All of them were later rushed to the Manijangha health centre. However, after carrying out tests, doctors declared all the three members of the family dead. Their neighbour has been shifted to the Jagatsinghpur Hospital in a critical condition for further treatment. 

Pintu’s son had a providential escape from certain death as he was in a separate room of the house when the mishap occurred.

Other Stories

scrollToTop