• otv
Odishatv Bureau

Rayagada: In a tragic incident, two members of a family including an expectant mother were electrocuted to death on Saturday in Thangapada village of Rayagada district. The deceased persons have been identified as 65-year-old Dauni Mandika and his daughter-in-law Sumitra who was 4-months pregnant.

At first, Mandika suffered an electric shock when he came in contact with an earthing wire while opening the door this morning. Within moments, the pregnant woman rushed and tried to save him and subsequently got electrocuted.

Both of them were immediately taken to Bissamcuttack community health centre (CHC) but the doctors declared them as brought dead.

The incident has cast a pall of gloom over the area and all villagers expressed sympathy for the bereaved family, for, the family has actually lost three members (including the fetus).

Other Stories