The Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) has released a notice of 'examination fees refund' for candidates who had appeared in the Non-Technical Popular Categories (NTPC) CBT-1 examinations.
The candidates, who had appeared in the first stage Computer Based Test (CBT-1) held from 28.12.2020 to 31.07.2021 in 7 Phases, are entitled to get the refund of their examination fee (which was Rs. 250/- for SC/ST/ExSM/PwBD /Female/Minority/EBC/ Transgender candidates and Rs. 400 for others), after deduction of banking / service charges as applicable).
As per RRB, the applications were received almost two years back and in the intervening period, changes might have occurred in the account details of the candidates.
“During scrutiny, it is observed that large number of payments were made from the same account number and Bank account details of many candidates are not available. Further, the IFSC codes of some banks might have been changed after recent mergers. Hence, it is necessary to confirm and take fresh details of bank account of candidates to remit the refund to correct beneficiaries,” the notice read.
According to RRB, an Update Bank Account Link will be provided on the official websites of RRBs. The link will be live from August 11 to August 31, 2021( 23:59 hrs). SMS and Email will also be sent to these candidates (who had attended the CBT-1) in their registered email id and mobile number to provide their correct Bank Account Details.
One help menu will be provided to get any clarification or help in case of any trouble while submitting the bank details. All Candidates, who had appeared the CBT-1, are advised to provide their Bank Account details for getting the refund of exam fees. They are requested to ensure that the Bank Account Number, Name and IFSC Code entered are correct and check it carefully before submitting.
It may be noted that modification of bank details after submission will not be possible, the notice added.
Instructions for candidates:
- Last date for submission of bank details: 31st August 2021 (23:59 hrs).
- Refund (after deduction of bank transaction /service charges) will be admissible subject to verification of the candidate particulars with RRB records.
- Incorrect, incomplete and/or late claims will be summarily rejected.
- No refund will be given if a candidate fails to submit the Bank account details as above.
- Only ONE refund per bank account will be allowed.
- The link for filling up of Bank Account details along with OTP (for login) will also be shared through SMS and Email to the registered mobile numbers and E-mail IDs of the candidates concerned.