After a long gap, physical classroom teaching for 2020-21 first year Undegraduate (UG) students in various universities and colleges is all set to resume in Odisha.
The Odisha government on Saturday announced the dates for the commencement of physical classroom teaching in view of the improvement in the Covid-19 pandemic situation in the State.
As per a notification issued by the Higher Education Department, the physical mode of teaching will resume in universities and colleges for the UG first year students (for both 3 year and 4 year UG courses) from September 20, 2021.
The Higher Education Department has issued a letter to the vice-chancellors of all State Public Universities and principals of all Government and Non-Government degree colleges coming under the department to take appropriate measures for the resumption of physical classroom teaching.
As per the notification, all the hostels will reopen for these students from September 19, 2021.
The Odisha government has also directed to divide the classes in batches if the number of students is more. Similarly, the teaching hours can also be extended as per the need, the notification read.
The Higher Education Department has also issued COVID-19 prevention guidelines which need to be strictly followed during resumption of the physical mode of teaching in classrooms:
-Teachers/ Staff/ Students residing in Containment Zones shall not come to University/ College.
- Face mask/ face cover shall be mandatory.
- Frequent hand wash/ hand sanitization shall be ensured.
- Social distancing shall be adopted in classrooms, libraries, laboratories, etc. If need be, crowded classes can be divided into batches and teaching hours in a day can be extended.
- Spitting in campus shall be strictly prohibited.
- Respiratory etiquettes shall be strictly followed. (I.e. Covering one's mouth and nose by handkerchief while coughing/ sneezing) - Self-monitoring of health and reporting of illness should be encouraged.
- There must be an isolation room ready for any emergency.
“Suitable decision regarding commencement of classes of 2021-22 Under Graduate and Post Graduate First Semester/ First Year shall be communicated later. State Private Universities (under H.E. Department) may also consider following these guidelines to the extent required by them,” the notification read.