The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) has invited entries for the ‘Student Innovation Award’ 2021. IGNOU has been promoting creativity, innovation and entrepreneurship among its students.
Under the Atmanirbhar Bharat mission by the Government of India, it becomes more important to identify, recognize and support the innovator and entrepreneur students of IGNOU.
IGNOU has been awarding its innovator students with the Student Innovation Awards on the Foundation day of the University for the last three years.
As per the official IGNOU notification, selected best three innovators will get Student Innovation Award-2021 with certificates, trophies and cash prizes of Rs. 10,000, Rs, 7,000 and Rs. 5,000, respectively.
Who is Eligible to Apply for Innovation Award?
Any bonafide and registered students of IGNOU who has developed and implemented an innovative product, process or services as a solution to the problem/challenge being faced by individuals or society in any area, preferably from the given theme areas, is eligible to submit application for the 'Student Innovation Award-2021' in the prescribed format.
What are the Theme Areas? Your innovation may be in any of the following areas :
1. Health Care and Biomedical Devices
2. Agriculture and Rural Development
3. Food Processing and Packaging
4. Smart Transport and Traffic Management
5. Renewable and Affordable Energy and Alternate Fuel
6. Clean and Potable Water and Water Management
7. Waste Management and Disposal
8. Technology Based Social Innovations
9. Robotics and Drones including AI and ML
10. Social and Environmental Issues
11. Smart City and Urban Development
12. Innovation in Education Sector
13. Any Other Emerging Area of Innovation and Startup Opportunity
How to Apply?
1. Those who are interested in applying for Student Innovation Award-2021 may submit the filled-in Proforma dully typed in MS Word along with the supporting documents through e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. You should enclose a 5-10 minutes video clip on the development and working of your innovation.
3. Also enclose the relevant Photographs pertaining to your innovation.
4. The Application Form can be downloaded from the NVRIETI Portal at https://sites.google.com/ignou.ac.in/navrieti/sia-2021. You can also access this Portal from the IGNOU Website www.ignou.ac.in by clicking the link Student Innovation Award-2021 under Announcement and Notifications on Home Page of the IGNOU Website.
Last Date for Submission
The last date for submission of complete Application along with the required Documents and Video Clip of the innovation is September 30, 2021.