Odisha on Friday witnessed a drop in the number of daily new cases of coronavirus below 10,000 mark with 9833 fresh infections being reported from across the State.
The fall in the daily infections came after the State reported over 10,000 cases for eight days in a row in the ongoing third wave of the pandemic. The last time the State recorded below 10,000 cases was on January 12 when 8778 people had tested positive. Yesterday, 10368 infections were detected across the State.
As per the data shared by the State Information and Public Relations Department today, out of the total 9833 new infections, 972 are in the age group of 0-18 years. While 5699 cases have been categorised as quarantine cases, 4134 are local contacts.
The total number of positive cases in the State has climbed to 1187295 while the active case tally stands at 89702.
The State also reported death of six persons due to the virus.
Here are details of the deaths due to Covid-19
1. A 50 years old Male of Angul District who was also suffering from Diabetes Mellitus.
2. A 72 years old Male of Cuttack District who was also suffering from Coronary Artery Disease, Acute Coronary Syndrome, Diabetes Mellitus & Hypertension.
3. A 50 years old Female of Cuttack District who was also suffering from Diabetes Mellitus & Bronchial Asthma.
4. A 55 years old Male of Dhenkanal District who was also suffering from Chronic Kidney Disease & Hypertension.
5. A 50 years old Female of Jagatsinghpur District who was also suffering from Chronic Kidney Disease & Severe Anemia.
6. A 67 years old Male of Puri District who was also suffering from Cerebro Vascular Accident.