Bhubaneswar: Odisha government has prescribed provisions to prematurely retire its employees on grounds of doubtful integrity and/or inefficiency, at the same time rewarding the performing employees with promotions and incentives.
A letter regarding this was issued by the General Administration Department on Wednesday detailing all the nuances of the provision.
The order read, “In order to encourage employees whose performance has been exemplary in furthering government initiatives, Government have prescribed provisions for promotion of such employees upgrading his/her position in the same batch or promoting him/her to the upper batches. Similarly with a view to weed out officers and employees of doubtful integrity and/or inefficiency from public service and to ensure efficiency in administration, Government have prescribed Pre-mature Retirement.”
The concerned authorities have been directed to conduct timely screening committee meetings and recommend name(s) of efficient employees for out of turn promotion or award of incentives and suggest name of employees for premature retirement.
The order prescribed a timeline for implementation of the same to be followed by all departments.
1. The Screening Committee for all the above purposes may be constituted and notified by the respective departments latest by 15th November, 2020.
2. The recommendation/ nomination/ report from the subordinate authorities/field establishments/Directorates/District Collectors may be simultaneously collected latest by 30th November, 2020.
3. The Committee for the purpose of premature retirement/ out of turn promotion and December, 2020.
4. The final report of recommendation/nomination must be submitted to the respective Administrative Department by 15th December, 2020.
5. The Administrative Departments may convene the meeting and finalise the list of employees for Premature Retirement, out of turn Promotion (both within the batch and across the batches) and award of Incentives and submit for Government orders/ Cabinet approval latest by 31st December, 2020.
(Edited By Bikram Keshari Jena)