Odisha Reports 11 Covid-19 Deaths, 3748 New Cases In A Day
Bhubaneswar: The Covid-19 cases continue to surge in Odisha as 11t more deaths and 3748 new positive cases were reported in the last 24 hours.
With this, the Covid-19 death toll in the State rose to 580, while the cumulative caseload jumped to 135130, including 32312 active cases and 102185 recoveries on Wednesday, informed the State Health and Family Welfare Department.
While Ganjam reported four deaths, Khordha registered three followed by Puri, Bolangir, Kandhamal and Keonjhar one death each.
Of the fresh cases reported from across 30 districts, 2210 were detected from various quarantine centres while 1538 are local contact cases.
According to the data shared by I & PR department, Khordha reported the highest 615 novel coronavirus cases followed by Cuttack (392), Bolangir (163), Sundargarh (157) and Jajpur (140).
— OTV (@otvnews) September 9, 2020
The Health and Family Welfare Department shared the details of 11 Covid-19 positive patients who succumbed while undergoing treatment in hospitals.
- A 62-year- old male of Ganjam district
- A 60-year-old male of Ganjam district who was also suffering from hypertension
- A 55-year-old male of Ganjam district who was also suffering from Diabetes
- A 65-year-old male of Ganjam district who was also suffering from Diabetes, Hypertension
- A 72-year-old male of Bhubaneswar who was also suffering from Hypertension & Diabetes & Coronary Artery Disease
- A 70-year-old female of Bhubaneswar
- A 75-year-old female of Khordha district who was also suffering from Diabetes & Hypertension & Acute Kidney Injury
- A 65-year-old female of Bolangir district who was also suffering from Hypertension
- A 50-year-old male of Kandhamal district who was also suffering from Diabetes
- A 46-year-old male of Keonjhar district who was also suffering from Diabetes & Hypertension
- A 46-year-old male of Puri district