Odisha Records Highest-Ever COVID Spike, 103 Test Positive In One Day
Bhubaneswar: As many as 103 persons have tested positive for COVID-19 in Odisha, in what is said to be the highest-ever single-day spike of cases recorded in the State. As per the Health and Family Welfare Department, the total coronavirus cases in the State has mounted to 1438 with 881 active cases, 550 recoveries and seven deaths.
Deogarh district has reported 22 COVID positive cases in the last 24 hours followed by Kendrapara with 15 cases, Jagatsinghpur 10, Malkangiri 9, Bhadrak 8, Bolangir 8, Gajapati 6, Koraput 6, Balasore 5, Khurda 5, Ganjam 4, Jajpur 1, Kandhamal 1, Dhenkanal 1, Mayurbhanj 1, and Keonjhar 1 case. Of the new 103 cases, 96 were in quarantine centres while seven are local cases.
Here are the details of 103 new COVID-19 cases as shared by the State I&PR department:
- 1 case in Jajpur (In quarantine centre and Surat returnee)
- 6 cases in Koraput (All in quarantine centres and Andhra Pradesh returnees)
- 4 cases in Ganjam (2 in quarantine centres and 2 Local cases)
- 15 cases in Kendrapara (All in quarantine centres. 7 West Bengal, 4 Telangana, 1 Gujarat, 1 Tamil Nadu & 2 Karnataka returnees)
- 4 cases in Khurda (All in quarantine centres. 3 Gujarat and 1 Maharashtra returnees)
- 1 case in Bhubaneswar (In home quarantine. Local case)
- 1 case in Keonjhar (In quarantine centre. Maharashtra returnee)
- 9 cases in Malkangiri (8 in quarantine centres. 4 AP, 2 Telangana & 2 Tamil Nadu returnees. 1 local case)
- 22 cases in Deogarh (19 in quarantine centres. 3 AP & 16 TN returnees. 3 local cases)
- 1 Mayurbhanj (In quarantine centre. Andhra Pradesh returnee)
- 6 cases in Gajapati (All in quarantine centres. Maharashtra returnees)
- 5 cases in Balasore (All in quarantine centres. 3 Tamil Nadu, 1 WB & Maharashtra returnees)
- 8 cases in Bhadrak (All in quarantine centres. 4 West Bengal, 2 Gujarat, 1 Telangana & 1 Andhra Pradesh returnee)
- 8 cases in Bolangir (All in quarantine centres. 5 Maharashtra, 2 Gujarat & 1 Chhattisgarh returnee)
- 1 case in Dhenkanal (In quarantine centre. Chhattisgarh returnee)
- 1 case in Kandhamal (In quarantine centre. Surat returnee)
- 10 cases in Jagatsinghpur (All in quarantine centres. 8 WB and 2 TN returnees)
Ganjam district has so far has reported highest 353 COVID-19 cases but 236 patients have already recovered. If current active cases is considered, Jajpur tops the chart with 150 active positives (total 240), Ganjam is next with 117 active cases, Puri 77 (total 81), Balasore 76 (total 133) and Bhadrak 75 (total 106).
Among other districts, Khurda has recorded 82 positive cases so far, Cuttack 59, Kendrapara 55, Nayagarh 45, Jagatsinghpur 41, Sundergarh 37, Boudh 33, and Angul, Bolangir and Deogarh districts with 24 cases each.
A total number of 3942 RT-PCR tests were conducted in Odisha in the last 24 hours. With this, the cumulative COVID-19 tests in the State stands at 127776.
Cumulative samples tested till date: 127776
Total positive cases: 1438
Active cases: 881
— OTV (@otvnews) May 25, 2020
(Edited By- Devbrat Patnaik)