Odisha Issues Fresh Guidelines For Govt Offices To Prevent Covid19: Here Are The Do’s & Don’ts
Bhubaneswar: In view of a steady rise in Covid-19 cases and reports on detection of the disease in officials of Central ministries, the Odisha government on Tuesday issued a set of fresh guidelines for strict enforcement of precautionary measures in all government departments and offices to contain the spread of the virus.
All employees inside the office premises are required to wear masks compulsorily for the entire period of their stay in office. Wilful deviation from the instructions shall be construed to be official indiscipline, read a notification issued by the State General Administration and Public Grievance department.
The principle of social distancing of two metres between two persons is required to be strictly maintained at all times in office, such as discussing, standing, waiting etc. inside the premises, the notification said.
Apart from mandatory wearing of mask for all, officials having symptoms of respiratory illness/fever asked to take leave pic.twitter.com/MFixB36bUp
— OTV (@otvnews) June 9, 2020
Unnecessary gathering/crowding in common passages /corridors have been strictly prohibited. The employees have been asked to ensure frequent hand washing (for minimum 20 seconds) during office hours, especially, after use of washrooms.
The notification further said seating of the officials should be compliant to Social Distancing norms. Official meetings and gatherings shall be restricted to minimum and organised preferably through video-conferencing.
The government has also asked the authorities to properly sanitise the office buildings’ common space at regular intervals. All the rooms of the offices, stairs, washrooms etc. are to be cleaned /sanitized regularly.
Visitors from outside to the office premises may be restricted to bare minimum and they should be disposed of within limited period following sanitation norms. Receipt and delivery of postal letters to be restricted to the entry point of the office only, the government said in the directive.
Here are other guidelines issued for govt departments/offices
- Drivers of the vehicles, employees engaged with watch & ward and security personnel may be kept on alert and it is to be ensured that the standard etiquette of using mask, hand washing & social distancing are followed by them without deviation.
- Spitting inside the office premises is strictly prohibited and violators (officials/visitors) should be punished as per rules.
- Officials feeling physical discomfort and suffering should be advised to seek proper medical care and if having symptoms of fever/respiratory problem should seek leave on due information to respective reporting authorities.
- In cases of severity, home-quarantine as per the guidelines may be ensured.
- Older employees/employees having underlying medical conditions and pregnant lady employees may not be exposed to direct public contact. Use of stairs should be encouraged and use of lifts should be avoided as far as possible.
- Any officer and staff residing in the containment zone should inform the same to supervisory officer and not attend the office till containment zone is denotified. Such staff should be permitted to work from home and it will not be counted as leave period.
- Self-monitoring of health by all and reporting any illness at the earliest to the immediate supervisory officer. Respiratory etiquettes to be strictly followed
- All the employees should cover their mouth and nose with a tissue while coughing or sneezing or use the inside of their elbow and thereafter throw used tissues into no-touch trash cans and immediately wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
(Edited by Suryakant Jena)