Odisha Covid Graph Flattening? 3067 Positive Cases, 15 Deaths In One Day
Image: Twitter/Sudarsan Pattnaik
Bhubaneswar: After an unprecedented rise in positive cases and fatalities for almost an entire month, it seems Odisha is witnessing a continuous downward trend in the COVID-19 curve. The State recorded a spike of 3067 coronavirus cases in the last 24 hours, taking the infection tally to 215676 on Tuesday. Though it is not scientifically proven whether the curve is flattening, daily case count has decreased over the last three days. The very fact that there has also been a sharp decline in Covid testing cannot be ruled out completely.
Of the fresh positives, 1809 have been detected from quarantine while 1258 are local contact cases. As per the information shared by I&PR department, maximum 555 cases were reported from Khordha district followed by Cuttack (230 new cases), Puri (178), Balasore (146), Mayurbhanj (143) and Angul (129 new cases).
— OTV (@otvnews) September 29, 2020
Odisha also saw 15 casualties during the period, which has taken death toll to 828. While Cuttack, Khordha and Balasore reported three fatalities each, two persons have succumbed in Puri district, while one death each was reported in Bolangir, Jharsuguda, Nabarangpur and Sundergarh.
The health department has shared the details of the Covid patients who succumbed while under treatment in hospitals.
- A 56-year old male of Balasore district.
- A 61-year old female of Balasore district who was also suffering from Diabetes & Hypertension.
- A 70-year old female of Balasore district who was also suffering from Diabetes & Hypertension.
- A 73-year old male of Bhubaneswar.
- A 50-year old male of Bhubaneswar.
- A 60-year old male of Bhubaneswar.
- A 40-year old male of Cuttack district.
- A 68-year old male of Cuttack district who was also suffering from Diabetes.
- An 82-year old female of Cuttack district who was also suffering from Diabetes, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease & Parkinsonism.
- A 65-year old male of Puri district who was also suffering from Diabetes & Hypertension.
- A 49-year old male of Puri district.
- A 74-year old male of Bolangir district.
- A 67-year old male of Jharsuguda district who was also suffering from Diabetes & Hypertension.
- A 30-year old female of Nabarangpur district who was also suffering from HIV infection & Anemia.
- A 47-year old female of Sundergarh district who was also suffering from Diabetes & Hypertension.
So far, the health authorities have conducted 3200852 Covid tests in the State. On Monday, 41452 samples were tested for COVID-19 that include 5657 RT-PCR, 35694 samples via Antigen testing, and 101 samples via Truenat testing.
As of now, Odisha has 37210 active cases, while 177585 patients have already recuperated from the disease.