Bhubaneswar: Odisha reported 1203 new cases of coronavirus infection and ten more deaths due to the disease in the last 24 hours. As per State I&PR Department, Covid-19 tally in Odisha rose to 30378 while the death toll increased to 169. Active cases have surged to 11235 while recoveries remain at 18938.
Among the fresh cases reported from 28 districts of the State, 758 positives were detected from quarantine centres while 445 are local contact cases.
On the other hand, a record 1298 Covid-19 detection tests were conducted in the last 24 hours in Odisha taking the total tests above 5-lakh. As per the government, the cumulative tests now stand at 500238.
Ganjam district has logged the highest 250 cases followed by Khurda with 220 positives. Cuttack comes next with 97 cases, Sundergarh (74), Gajapati (72) and Koraput (66), Malkangiri (65), Bhadrak (53), Jajpur (46) and Rayagada has 45 cases.
Total cases cross 30K-mark after spike of 1203 new cases from the following districts👇 pic.twitter.com/VSp1lmh30t
— OTV (@otvnews) July 30, 2020
The health and family welfare department also shared the details of 10 Covid positive patients who succumbed while under treatment in hospitals.
- A 67-year-old male of Sambalpur district who was also suffering from Hypertension.
- A 60-year-old female of Bhubaneswar who was also suffering from Diabetes.
- A 43-year-old male of Ganjam district.
- A 47-year-old male of Ganjam district.
- A 65-year-old male of Nayagarh district who was also suffering from Chronic Kidney Disease with Uremic Encephalopathy.
- A 33-year-old male of Ganjam district.
- A 65-year-old female of Ganjam district who was also suffering from Diabetes, Hypertension and Hypothyroidism.
- A 71-year-old male of Sundargarh district who was also suffering from Diabetes.
- A 60-year-old male of Bhubaneswar who was also suffering from Diabetes and Chronic Kidney Disease.
- A 50-year-old male of Rayagada district who was also suffering from Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease.
(Edited By Suryakant Jena)