We Report, You Decide

Mobile Phone Explodes Inside Hospital In Odisha, Close Shave For Patient

Keonjhar: A major tragedy was averted after a mobile phone of a patient exploded inside a ward of Keonjhar district headquarters hospital on Sunday.

As per reports, the patient Manorama Sahu had a close shave as her daughter Lalita threw the mobile phone inside the bathroom after noticing smoke emitting from the device.

Sources said Manorama was undergoing treatment at the maternal and child health centre after surgery of a tumour and had kept the mobile phone inside a bag near her bed.

Eye-witnesses said that it was due to the presence of mind of the patient’s daughter, the duo survived from the mishap at the hospital.

It is pertinent to mention here that two children sustained burn injuries after a mobile phone battery exploded in Haripur Nuasahi area in Ganjam district on January 28.

Sources said the children had found the mobile phone battery lying on the road while returning from their tuition classes. Later, they connected wires to the battery and started playing with it following which the battery exploded.

On November 16 last year, a one-year-old girl sustained burn injuries after the mobile phone besides which she was sleeping exploded at Bilangsil village under Laxmipur block in Koraput district.

(Edited By Suryakant Jena)

You might also like

Comments are closed.