Mo Sarkar, 5T, Curbing Crime Against Women Top Priority: Odisha DGP Abhay
Bhubaneswar: Hailing the mechanism of Odisha police, senior IPS officer Abhay who took charge as the Head of Odisha Police Force at the State Police headquarters in Cuttack today, stressed on increasing the efficiency in implementation of Mo Sarkar and 5T model for better policing apart from improving standard of investigation process.
The 1986-batch IPS officer of Odisha cadre said that he has set six priorities for himself.
1. The first priority is strengthening the implementation of Mo Sarkar scheme. “We will review how PS in-charges collect feedback from various complainants coming to police stations for redressal of their grievances and take necessary action without any delay,” said Abhay.
2. Odisha Government’s 5T initiative: Based on five parameters—team work, technology, transparency, transformation and time limit (the 5Ts), we will work towards bringing a transformation in the functioning of police department.
3. “Our third priority is to control and prevent offences against weaker section especially the women. A proper investigation would be initiated and deadline set so as to expedite the conviction,” said the DGP.
Also Read: New Odisha DGP Abhay Assumes Charge
4. Maoist Menace: “The situation in Odisha has improved over the last 10 years. We will focus on reducing the menace and contain infiltration,” assured Abhay.
5. The next focus will be on the rising organised crimes, what people call as mafia. We will crush the mafia – he said.
6. Next in priority is improving the overall investigation standard. “There is no doubt Odisha Police is known for carrying out proper time-bound investigation. We will further raise the standards so that conviction percentage increases,” said the DGP.
Will focus on better implementation of Mo Sarkar, 5T & ensure offences against weaker section especially women decrease: Senior IPS officer Abhay after assuming charge as #Odisha DGP pic.twitter.com/LYCdyaxLRa
— OTV (@otvnews) December 9, 2019