Bhubaneswar: Maintaining a downward trend, Odisha on Tuesday witnessed a further decline in daily Covid-19 cases. As per the I&PR department, the State registered 1201 new cases of coronavirus infection taking the positive tally to 294415. This apart, 12 more people succumbed to the virus in the last 24 hours, pushing the toll to 1352.
Of the fresh cases, 697 are from quarantine and 504 are local contacts. Khordha, with 132 new positives, is the only district which has registered more than 100 cases.
As per the data, Khordha district saw 132 new cases, followed by Mayurbhanj and Jagatsinghpur (73 each), Cuttack (69), Sundargarh (67).
Giving jitters to the locals, Ganjam district has once again reported a surge in the daily infections as the number which hovered around 10-20 over the last few days suddenly went up to 61 today.
Meanwhile, the State health and family welfare department shared details of the 12 patients who died while under treatment in hospitals. Khordha saw the death of three persons (including 2 in Bhubaneswar), Dhenkanal (2 deaths), while Cuttack, Sundargarh, Jagatsinghpur, Bhadrak, Kalahandi, Balasore and Nuapada have registered one death each.
- A 69-year-old male of Nuapada district.
- A 70-year-old female of Sundargarh district who was also suffering from CKD, Diabetes Mellitus, CAD, Diabetic Nephropathy.
- A 75-year-old female of Bhubaneswar who was also suffering from Diabetes Mellitus, Hypertension & CVA.
- A 43-year-old female of Dhenkanal district who was also suffering from Diabetes Mellitus, Hypertension & CKD.
- A 45-year-old male of Cuttack district.
- An 82-year-old male of Jagatsinghpur district.
- A 59-year-old female of Khurdha district who was also suffering from Diabetes Mellitus.
- A 61-year-old male of Bhadrak district.
- A 72-year-old male of Bhubaneswar who was also suffering from Diabetes Mellitus & Hypertension.
- A 68-year-old male of Balasore district who was also suffering from Hypertension & Benign prostatic hyperplasia.
- A 36-year-old male of Kalahandi district.
- A 68-year-old female of Dhenkanal district who was also suffering from Diabetes Mellitus & Hypertension.
The State now has 13919 active cases while the cure count stands at 279091. As many as 42080 samples were tested in the last 24 hours via RT-PCR tests, TruNat and antigen-based taking the cumulative tests to 4687272 in Odisha.