COVID-19: Odisha Reports Record 4356 New Cases, 16 Deaths In A Day
Image Source: Twitter
Bhubaneswar: Covid-19 cases in Odisha continue to surge with the State reporting the ‘highest’ single-day number of 4,356 positive cases in the last 24 hours pushing the positive tally to 2,05,452 cases. On the other hand, the virus claimed 16 more lives, taking the death toll to 783.
Of the new cases, 2,529 were reported from quarantine centres and 1,827 were local contact cases.
As per the statistics compiled by the Information and Public Relations department, Khordha reported the maximum number of 902 cases followed by Cuttack (409), Angul (197), Balasore (194), Nuapada (173) and Jagatsinghpur (171).
With the spike in COVID-19 cases, the active case count stands at 39,184, while 1,65,432 infected persons have so far recovered from the disease.
According to the Health and Family Welfare department, Khordha reported four deaths, while Koraput and Puri registered three fatalities each. One each death was reported from Balasore, Bolangir, Cuttack, Jagatsinghpur, Jajpur and Mayurbhanj disrtricts.
The deceased include:
- A 51-year-old male of Bhubaneswar who was also suffering from Diabetes & Hypertension
- A 37-year-old male of Bhubaneswar
- A 50-year-old male of Bhubaneswar
- A 59-year-old female of Bhubaneswar who was also suffering from Bronchial asthma
- An 80-year-old female of Puri district.
- A 62-year-old female of Puri district who was also suffering from Diabetes, Hypertension & Obesity
- A 42-year-old male of Puri district who was also suffering from Diabetes
- A 64-year-old male of Koraput district
- A 48-year-old male of Koraput district
- A 50-year-old male of Koraput district
- A 45-year-old male of Balasore district
- A 58-year-old male of Bolangir district who was also suffering from Hypertension
- A 58-year-old male of Cuttack district who was also suffering from Diabetes
- A 64-year-old male of Jagatsinghpur district
- A 52-year-old male of Jajpur district
- A-53-year old male of Mayurbhanj district