Bhubaneswar: Odisha recorded 1503 fresh coronavirus cases in the last 24 hours, taking the total positive tally to 26892, as per the State health department. The State also saw 7 casualties during the same period.
Of the fresh cases, 1002 have been detected from various quarantine centres while 501 are local contact cases. Ganjam district has reported the highest 491 cases followed by Khurda with 223 positives, Cuttack (136), Gajapati and Kandhamal with 73 cases each, Rayagada (68) and Jajpur with 51 cases.
#Odisha's #COVID19 tally rises to 26892 with 1503 new cases in last 24 hours, 1002 from quarantine centres & 501 local cases. Ganjam reports highest 491 cases followed by Khurda (223), Cuttack (136) pic.twitter.com/GvrznXc52K
— OTV (@otvnews) July 27, 2020
The government also shared the details of 7 Covid positive patients who succumbed while under treatment in hospitals.
1. A 63-year-old male of Sundergarh district who was also suffering from Diabetes.
2. A 45-year-old male of Bhubaneswar who was also suffering from Diabetes.
3. A 51-year-old female of Ganjam district.
4. A 58-year-old male of Ganjam district who was also suffering from Diabetes.
5. A 55-year-old male of Ganjam district.
6. A 66-year-old male of Cuttack district.
7. A 51-year-old male of Malkangiri district who was also suffering from Hypertension.
So far, the health authorities have conducted 467447 RT-PCR tests in the State.
There are 9919 active cases, while 16792 patients have already recuperated from the disease.