COVID-19: Death Toll In Odisha Mounts To 556, Positive Tally Over 1.2 Lakh
Image Soruce: Twitter
Bhubaneswar: Odisha continued to witness surge in Covid-19 cases with ten more deaths and 3861 new coronavirus infections in the last 24 hours, informed the State Health and Family Welfare department.
With this, the death toll due to the virus rose to 556 while the cumulative caseload reached 127892 which included 30919 active cases and 96364 recoveries, added the State H&FW department.
Three COVID deaths were reported from Ganjam while Rayagada, Nayagarh, Kalahandi, Balasore, Koraput, Cuttack and Bhubaneswar in Khurda districts reported one death each.
Similarly, of the fresh cases, 2278 were detected from various quarantine centres while 1583 are local contact cases.
According to the data shared by I & PR department, Khordha reported the maximum 767 new novel coronavirus cases followed by Cuttack (386), Jajpur (285), Puri (200), Jharsuguda (199), Bargarh (174), Rayagada (153), Mayurbhanj (122), Sonepur (117), Angul (120) and Balasore (105).
Details of cases of other districts are mentioned below:
— OTV (@otvnews) September 7, 2020
The Health and Family Welfare Department has shared the details of eight Covid-19 positive patients who succumbed while under treatment in hospitals.
- A 56-year-old male of Balasore who was also suffering from Diabetes.
- A 53-year old male of Bhubaneswar.
- A 70-year old female of Cuttack who was also suffering from Brain Tumour.
- 4.A 38-year old male of Ganjam district.
- A 52-year old male of Ganjam district who was also suffering from Diabetes.
- A 59-year old male of Ganjam district who was also suffering from Diabetes & Hypertension.
- A 55-year old male of Kalahandi district who was also suffering from Diabetes & Hypertension, Chronic Kidney Disease.
- A 70-year old male of Koraput district.
- A 55-year old male of Nayagarh district who was also suffering from Diabetes & Hypertension.
- A 60-year old male of Rayagada district who was also suffering from Diabetes & Hypertension.
The Health Department further informed that 45,165 Covid-19 tests including 38,165 Antigen, 6,836 RT-PCR and 164 TruNat were conducted in the State in the last 24.
(Edited By Rashmi Ranjan Mohanty)