Bhubaneswar/New Delhi: The University Grants Commission (UGC) has ordered all the universities to provide data of their digital financial transactions in the past one year.
The directive comes two months after the UGC asked all higher educational institutions across the country to ensure that no fee payment is made by students in cash mode from the upcoming academic session under the National Digital Payments Mission (NDPM) of the Ministry of Human Resource development (MHRD).
UGC, in a letter to the varsities, said it was directed by the MHRD to issue necessary instructions to all higher educational institutions (HEIs) for making all monetary transactions using digital mode of payment under the NDPM and was requested to forward report on the above for compilation and onward transmission to the MHRD.
UGC said, “As most of the universities have not yet provided the information as mentioned above, the universities are once again requested to provide the same at the earliest, furnishing the following information mentioned below:
- Number of digital transactions generated in a year through fee payments of students.
- Number of digital transactions made through vendor payments for services.
- Number of digital transactions in the institution per year through salary payments to teachers and staff.
- How many students in the university/college?
- Whether canteen is available in the institution?
UGC had in June directed universities that all receipts and payments related to the functioning of the institutions including student fees, exam fees, vendor payments and salary/wage payments shall be made 'only' through online or digital mode.
Meanwhile, the universities have been directed to obtain such details from every college under it and send it to UGC within a week.