Bhubaneswar: In view of increase in COVID-19 positive cases, Bhubaneswar Municipal Corporation (BMC) on Friday reduced the number of participants at marriage ceremonies to 100 while 50 persons will be allowed at funerals. BMC also has imposed restrictions on other social gatherings.
In consonance with the Order No 1663/R&DM (DM) dated 31-03-2021 of Government of Odisha in Disaster Management Department, BMC issued guidelines for regulation of social gatherings like marriage related function, death rituals and related functions and other type of social and other type of gatherings in view of public safety.
— OTV (@otvnews) April 2, 2021
New Guidelines Issued For Social Gatherings
1. For marriage related functions the maximum number of persons allowed are 100 with strict adherence to COVID appropriate behaviour and maintenance of social distancing.
2. For death rituals related functions the maximum number of persons allowed are 50 with adherence to COVID appropriate behaviour and social distancing.
3. The following kinds of functions are strictly prohibited until further order:
a. Events and gatherings related to Promotional Activities/ Conferences/Conclaves etc.
b. Centenary/Golden Jubilee/Silver Jubilee etc celebrations of institutions
c. Annual Events/Annual Functions of Educational and other institutions etc.
4. For other kinds of social gatherings the host shall have to obtain specific permission from DMC which will be given keeping in view the requirement of the host and prevailing pandemic situation subject to maximum participants ceiling of 100 persons.
5. The Order No 58462/BMC dated 10-11-2020 of BMC Issued in this regard stands modified to the extent stated at SI No 1.2 & 4 above accordingly.
6. This order shall be given effect to from 06.04-2021 until further order.
7. Any permission given earlier regarding number of participants and conduct of functions on and after 06.04-2021 shall stand modified accordingly and no separate to dification order will be issued by BMC or any other authorities.