• otv
Vikash Sharma

Bhubaneswar: At least one person has died while another person is still ‘missing’ in yesterday’s massive blast at a fuel filling station in Bhubaneswar, informed Twin City Police Commissioner, Sudhanshu Sarangi on Thursday.

While talking to reports, Sarangi informed that preliminary investigation indicates that at least four persons were working at the mishap site.

“So far, one person has succumbed to his injuries and another person is critical. We have spoken with the third person who is safe while the whereabouts of the fourth person is still unknown,” said Sarangi adding that IOCL had engaged the four persons for some work.

Under whose supervision the entire work, which was continuing for the past few days was underway, is also being probed, police said.

When asked about the recovery of human body parts from the mishap site, Sarangi said that the body remains will be sent for forensic and DNA tests if needed.

According to Sarangi, a case under Indian Penal Code (IPC) sections 285, 286, 337, 338 has been registered by the Capital Police Station and DCP Bhubaneswar into the incident.

The Police Commissioner further stated that it will take more time to understand the chain of events and exactly what work was going on at the fuel station when the blast followed a fire.

Following the incident, fire tenders brought the situation under control. Already, the LPG has been removed along with diesel at the fuel station. The work for removal of petrol will be completed within the next two to three hours, the Police Commissioner informed.

“Our team will also visit the spot where a crater has been created at the site for further investigation,” Sarangi added.

Also Read: Bhubaneswar Petrol Pump Blast: Family Searches For ‘Missing’ Ganjam Youth

Other Stories