14 More Succumb To Covid-19 In Odisha, Death Toll Climbs To 286
Bhubaneswar: At least 16 persons infected with SARS-CoV-2 and undergoing treatment in various hospitals lost their lives in the last 24 hours in Odisha. Two of them reportedly died due to other health complications, stated the Health and Family Welfare Department.
While the Covid-19 death toll in the State has climbed to 286, ‘other than Covid deaths’ stand at 51.
“Regret to inform the demise of 14 COVID-19 positive patients while under treatment in hospitals, tweeted H&FW Department.
As per the information provided by the Department, as many as six persons have succumbed to the disease in Ganjam district, 3 each in Khordha and Nayagarh districts and one each in Rayagada and Sundergarh districts.
Details of 14 patients who succumbed to the disease:
- An 85-year-old male of Ganjam district.
- A 65-year old male of Ganjam district.
- A 70-year-old female of Ganjam district who was also suffering from hypertension.
- A 50-year-old male of Ganjam district who was also suffering from end-stage Chronic Kidney Disease.
- A 55-year-old male of Ganjam district who was also suffering from Diabetes.
- A 50-year-old male of Ganjam district who was also suffering from Chronic Kidney Disease.
- An 84-year-old female of Bhubaneswar.
- An 82-year-old male of Khordha district who was also suffering from Diabetes & hypertension.
- A 69-year-old male of Khordha district who was also suffering from Chronic Kidney Disease
- A 34-year-old male of Nayagarh district.
- A 78-year-old male of Nayagarh district.
- A 30-year-old Male of Nayagarh district who was also suffering from Chronic Kidney Disease.
- A 46-year-old male of Rayagada district who was also suffering from Diabetes & hypertension.
- A 72-year-old male of Sundergarh district who was also suffering from Diabetes.
Similarly, two persons each from Balasore and Sundergarh undergoing treatment for Covid-19 succumbed due to other medical complications, added the H& F Department. The details of the patients are mentioned below:
- A 27-year-old female of Balasore district who expired due to Amniotic fluid embolism.
- A 45-year-old female of Sundergarh district who expired due to Decompensated Chronic Liver Disease, Hepatic encephalopathy, Ventricular tachycardia.
Odisha reported 1,528 new coronavirus cases pushing the Covid-19 case count to 47,455 which includes 15334 active cases and 31784 recoveries.
Ganjam continued to remain the worst-affected district with 13088 positives, of which 2370 are active cases, 137 deceased and 10,573 recoveries.
(Edited By Devbrat Patnaik)