The southwest monsoon has further advanced into remaining parts of Bihar, some more parts of Uttar Pradesh, entire Uttarakhand and most parts of Himachal Pradesh, said India Meteorological Department (IMD) on Wednesday.
The conditions are favourable for further advance of monsoon into remaining parts of Arabian Sea and Gujarat, some parts of Rajasthan, remaining parts Madhya Pradesh, entire Uttar Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh and other parts during the 48 hours.
As per IMD, extremely heavy rainfall has occurred at isolated places over Bihar, Uttarakhand and Sub-Himalayan West Bengal and Sikkim in the past 24 hours.
Rainfall/thunderstorm Forecast & Warnings:
- An east-west trough runs from Punjab to westcentral Bay of Bengal off south Odisha coast. Under its influence, moist winds from Bay of Bengal and Arabian Sea prevail over northern parts of the country in lower tropospheric levels.
- Widespread light/moderate rainfall and isolated thunderstorm/lightning with isolated heavy to very heavy rainfall likely over Uttarakhand and Haryana-Chandigarh during June 29- July 1, 2022.
- Scattered/ fairly widespread over East Rajasthan during June 29- July 2 and over West Rajasthan during July 1- July 3.
- Isolated extremely heavy rainfall likely over Uttarakhand on June 29 and over East Uttar Pradesh on June 29 and 30.
- Fairly widespread/widespread rainfall with thunderstorm/lightning very likely to continue over Bihar, Jharkhand, Odisha and Gangetic West Bengal during next 5 days.
- Isolated heavy rainfall likely over Odisha during June 29- July 3.
- Isolated extremely heavy rainfall likely over Bihar on June 29.