Debit cards are a convenient way to withdraw cash from your bank account instantly. However, if your debit card is lost or stolen, it is important to report it to the bank as soon as possible to prevent it from being misused.
SBI provides its account holders to easily block their lost or stolen debit cards using either the Net Banking or SMS service, all from the comfort of their own devices.
Block SBI Debit Card Using Net Banking:
- Visit onlinesbi.sbi and click on "Continue to login" next to Personal Banking.
- Enter your login credentials and the captcha code on the next page to log in.
- From the e-Services tab, select "ATM Card Services" and then choose the "Block ATM Card" link.
- Select the account for which you want to block your SBI Debit Card.
- All of the blocked and active cards will be displayed on your screen.
- Here choose the debit card you want to block and after that click on the "Submit" option.
- Check the details and hit the "Confirm" button once done.
- Choose your preferred type of authentication (SMS OTP or profile password) to complete the request.
- Enter the OTP password or profile password and click on the "Confirm" button.
- Once your debit card has been successfully blocked, a confirmation message and ticket number will be displayed on your screen. Make sure to note down this ticket number for future reference.
Blocking SBI Debit Card Via SMS
Send an SMS by typing BLOCK XXXX to 567676 from your registered mobile number, where "XXXX" should be the final four digits of your SBI debit card.
You will receive a confirmation SMS with the ticket number, blocking date, and blocking time as soon as your request for blocking your debit card has been completed.
It is important to ensure that your bank account is linked with your phone number before proceeding with either of the above methods.
If you face any difficulties in blocking your lost or stolen SBI debit card, you can contact the bank's customer care helpline for further assistance.