The sleuths of the Odisha Vigilance on Friday conducted simultaneous raids on the office and residence of an additional chief engineer for allegedly amassing assets disproportionate to his known sources of income.
The accused has been identified as Kandarpa Pradhan, Additional Chief Engineer, Minor Irrigation Circle, KBK, Bhawanipatna in Kalahandi district.
Acting on the allegations of possession of disproportionate assets, Odisha Vigilance led by four DSPs, 10 inspectors and other staff conducted simultaneous raids on the properties of Pradhan at eight places in Khordha, Angul and Kalahandi districts.
The Raids were Conducted On:
1. Flat No. 301, Baishno Monarch Apartment, mouza- Govindaprasad, Rasulgarh (Behind Esplanade), Bhubaneswar.
2. Flat No. 001, on the 1st Floor of Vaishno Regency, mouza- Kharavelnagar, Unit-III, Bhubaneswar.
3. Flat No. 101, 1st Floor at the Imperia Apartment, Saheed Nagar, Bhubaneswar.
4. One under-construction double-storied building at mouza- Turanga (1/682, khata No. 153 and plot No. 1/682, khata No. 153) Dist- Angul.
5. One plot surrounded by brick wall at mouza- Khilar (plot No. 169, khata No. 382 and plot No. 169/4927 khata No. 649/486), Dist- Angul.
6. Paternal house of Sri Kandarpa Pradhan at village Bantol, PS- Thakurgarh, Dist- Angul.
7. Govt. quarter of Sri Pradhan located at MI Colony, Bhawanipatna, Dist- Kalahandi.
8. Office chamber of Sri Pradhan located at O/o Addl. Chief Engineer M.I Circle KBK, Bhawanipatna, Dist- Kalahandi.
In a related development, the vigilance sleuths today raided the properties of joint director of mines Umesh Chandra Jena on allegations of possession of disproportionate assets. Simultaneous raids were carried out at five places in Bhubaneswar.
(Reported by Alok Mohanty, OTV)