The administration of Puri Jagannath Temple has released a set of fresh instructions for strict observance by devotees during the darshan and visit to the 12th-century shrine. After remaining off the limits for nearly four months in the wake of Covid pandemic, the Srimandir was reopened on August 13 in a phased manner. The general darshan at the shrine was resumed from August 23.
Standing instructions on the opening of Shree Jagannatha Temple for Public:-
- The darshan timings will be from 07:00 AM to 09:00 PM on all days when temple is open for darshan of the Lords.
- The Temple will remain closed for public Darshan on all Sundays as a measure to contain the spread of Corona Virus disease and in order to sanitize the Temple premises.
- The Temple will also remain closed on major festive occasions in order to avoid any spike in transmission of COVID-19 on account of large gathering that is anticipated on such festive occasions.
Accordingly, the Temple will remain closed on the following dates during the month of September & October 2021.
- Ganesh Chaturthi - 10.09.2021
- Bamana Janma, Sunia & Biswakarma Puja - 17.09.2021
- Mahalaya - 06.10.2021
- Dussehra - 15.10.2021
- Kumar Purnima - 20.10.2021
This matter will be reviewed again for the month of November 2021 or as required from time to time.
General guidelines on account of COVID-19 for all devotees:-
- It is mandatory for all devotees to wear masks at all times, inside & outside the Temple.
- Devotees should sanitize their hands before entering into the Temple.
- Devotees should maintain physical distance at all times as per COVID-19 guidelines and follow Covid appropriate behavior.
- Devotees are requested not to touch Statues or Idols inside the Temple.
- Lighting of deepas inside the temple at the designated place by the devotees will be permitted.
- It is permitted to carry flowers / bhoga inside the Temple but such items shall be placed at pre-designated places as earmarked by the Temple administration.
- Partaking of Mahaprasad is allowed in designated place inside Ananda Bazar. Collector, Puri to finalize the operational modalities in this regard, by convening a meeting of concerned Nijogs and Temple Officials.
- Chewing of Tobacco / Paan and spitting inside the Temple premises is strictly prohibited. A fine of Rs.500/- will be levied for each violation.
- There is a complete ban on carrying Polythene Bags inside the Temple. A fine of Rs.100/- will be levied for each violation.
- There will be a separate queue for Differently-abled devotees, for darshan of the Lords.
- Parking of the vehicles will be done only at Jagannatha Ballav Math premise or any other designated place.
- Advice to senior citizen/Children/persons having co-morbidities: Persons above 65 years of age, persons with Co-morbidities, pregnant Women &Children below 10 years are advised not to visit the Temple in view of the prevailing COVID-19 situation.
Guidelines for all devotees who will be visiting the Temple w.e.f 13.09.2021
- Queue system will open from 07:00 AM. Devotees will make entry through the barricades opposite to the Shoe stand, situated on North-East side of the temple complex.
- All devotees visiting the Temple will have to produce the Final Certificate for Covid-19 vaccination (of having taken two Doses) or COVID-19 negative certificate (RTPCR) of testing done within 96 hours prior to their visit to the Temple.
- All devotees will be required to bring their photo ID Card, namely, AadhaarNoter ID etc.
- Devotees will leave their belongings at the designated place outside the Temple; produce their ID proof for verification and follow the COVID19 guidelines of hand sanitization & thermal scanning before entering the Temple.
- All devotees will enter through Singhadwar. After the Darshan, the exit will be through Uttaradwar.
The above guidelines will be reviewed periodically and revised instructions will be issued from time to time to further facilitate darshan by devotees and also for the management of COVID-19 pandemic.