Prime Minister Narendra Modi is scheduled to visit Bengaluru on Friday, November 11. The PM will inaugurate the Vande Bharat Express and Terminal 2 at the Kempegowda International Airport (KIA).
Modi will also inaugurate the much-hyped Bengaluru founder Kempegowda’s statue at the airport. Meanwhile, to avoid any untoward incident and traffic woes, the Bengaluru traffic police has released a statement where the vehicular movements will be prohibited to avoid rush.
Bengaluru Airport T2 to be inaugurated by pM tom! Looks heavenly 💜 pic.twitter.com/DZ8Q7lWFD0— Anu Sehgal 🇮🇳 (@anusehgal) November 10, 2022
Read below to know the traffic restrictions from 8am to 2pm. Here are other minute details of PM Modi’s visit to Bengaluru to avoid traffic problems:
Below are 11 streets that office-goers should avoid as movement of vehicles are banned in these regions:
1. CTO Junction
2. Police Thimmaiah Junction (GPO circle)
3. Raj Bhavan Road
4. Basaveshwara Circle
5. Palace Road
6. Race Course Road
7. Sanket Road
8. Queens Road
9. Bellary Road
10. Airport Elevated Expressway
11. Seshadri Road - from Maharani bridge to the entrance of the railway station
12. K G Road - from Shantala junction to Mysuru bank circle
13. Vatal Nagaraj Road - from Kode Underpass to P. F.
14. Roads near Kempegowda International Airport (KIA)
Guess who is coming to IT Capital?— Mahesh M Goudar। ಮಹೇಶ್ ಮ ಗೌಡರ (@MahiPEN_TNIE) November 10, 2022
Roads are being asphalted & traffic have been diverted in many roads!
All thanks to @PMOIndia @narendramodi! #Bengaluru #Karnataka #PMvisit pic.twitter.com/9iC7IU3OOk
Full list of traffic diversions:
1. Mysore Bank Circle: Use KG Road while moving from Mysore Bank Circle to Palace Road.
2. LRDE Junction: Go through Raj Bhavan Road to reach Basaveshwara Junction from LRDE Junction.
3. Trilight Junction: Turn left at Race View Circle, and again left at Shivananda Circle when leaving Maurya junction.
4. Race View junction: If you are going from K K Road towards Windsor Manor, then you should turn left at Shivananda Circle and proceed via Nehru Circle.
5. Maramma Circle: If you are going to the Mekhri Circle from the BHEL Circle, then take right in front of Sadashivanagar police station and proceed through Maramma Circle and Margosa Road.
6. Bhashyam Circle: If you are going to Cauvery junction from Bhashyam Circle, then turn left onto Margosa Road and then right onto Malleswaram 18th Cross Road.
7. Balekundri junction: All the vehicles from Balekundri intersection going to Majestic should turn right at at the Balekundri Circle and Cunningham Road.
PM Modi’s Schedule in brief for today
1. PM Modi to arrive at HAL airport at 10am
2. Travel to Vidhana Soudha by road.
3. Pay floral tributes to the statues of saint Kanakadasa and Valmiki at 10:30am
4. Travel to Krantiveera Sangolli Rayanna Railway Station at 10:40am
5. Flag off Vande Bharat Express at Platform 7 towards Chennai and Bharat Gaurav Kashi Darshan train from platform 8 at 11am.
6. Go to the Airforce Training Command Centre in Hebbal by road at around 11:10am.
7. Go to Bengaluru airport by helicopter and inaugurate Terminal 2 at around 11:40am.
8. Dedicate the 108-feet bronze statue of Kempegowda to the nation at around 12:10pm.
9. Programme near the airport venue at around 1pm.
10. Will launch Atal Mission For Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUTH) 2.0 scheme at 1:10pm.
11. Speech till 1:35pm.