• Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • LinkedIn
  • Telegram
  • Koo
  • Youtube
  • ଓଡ଼ିଆରେ ପଢନ୍ତୁ
Rashmi Rekha Das

In the latest development to Subhashree Mohapatra’s death case, Twin City Commissionerate Police on Friday confirmed it to be a case of suicide and not a murder. Also, police confirmed the involvement of her boyfriend behind the suicide.

In a major breakthrough, police seized the scarf which was worn by the deceased and hidden by her boyfriend Chittaranjan near Barunei bypass.  Police also clarified the incident in detail as to how Subhashree died, what had happened on August 30 between Subhashree and her boyfriend which forced Subhashree to kill herself.

Notably, the 35-year-old woman's body was recovered from her house under mysterious circumstances on Tuesday night from her place at Shastrinagar in Bhubaneswar. 

According to police, Subhashree and her boyfriend, Chittaranjan had a spat and it became so serious that she decided to take the extreme step by hanging herself.  After finding Subhashree hanging from a ceiling fan, Chittaranjan became sure that he would land in problem. So, he removed the body from the fan and kept it on bed before fleeing the scene. He, later, threw the scarf worn by Subhashree in a drain near Barunei bypass.

Police took Chitaranjan with them to Barunei Bypass to recover scarf. Police also investigated a hotel in Patia. It is learnt that relationship between Subhashree and Chittaranjan also led to dispute between husband and wife.

Addressing media, Bhubaneswar Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP) Prateek Singh said, “In 2014, Subhashree got married to Ananta and was settled in Bhubaneswar. However, she came in contact with the accused Chittaranjan in 2019 when she had gone to her home.  They became so close that they were very possessive about each other. They used to roam frequently and even spent time at hotels. Her husband even doubted their relationship."

DCP further said, “When her husband was away on August 28 and went to his village, Subhashree had gone to meet her relative at Capital Hospital. This led to a spat between Chittaranjan and Subhashree. On that night, Chittaranjan went to Subhashree house and abused her like anything for that reason. Out of frustration, Subhashree decided to end her life. She had informed the accused about it before taking such a step on August 30. Learning it, Chittaranjan called the tuition master of Subhashree’s son to rush and check at her house. After finding Subhashree hanging, the tuition master informed the accused who rushed to the spot and removed the body from ceiling and fleeing the spot with the scarf and threw the scarf near Barunei bypass.”

Other Stories


AdBlock Detected!

Our website is made possible by displaying ads to our visitors. Please supporting us by whitelisting our website.