The Odisha government has appointed secretary level officers for efficient monitoring of various welfare programmes in the 10 Aspirational Districts in the State.
As per the notification issued by the Planning & Convergence department, the officers nominated as secretary-in-charge of the aspirational districts will closely supervise and follow-up on the 49 Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in five sectors.
The officers have been entrusted to monitor the KPIs in health and nutrition, education, agriculture and water resource, financial inclusion and skill development and basic infrastructure in the districts assigned to them.
The 10 Aspirational Districts in Odisha are –Kalahandi, Bolangir, Kandhamal, Dhenkanal, Koraput, Rayagada, Gajapati, Nabarangpur, Nuapada and Malkangiri.
The State government has also directed the officers to submit a note on the situation of these specific sectors for a review in the State Level Committee (SLC) for monitoring of the action plan in the aspirational districts.
List of officers:
1. Satyabrata Sahu (Principal Secretary, MS&ME department): Kalahandi.
2. Nikunja Bihari Dhal (Principal Secretary, Energy): Bolangir.
3. Ashok K. Meena (Principal Secretary, Panchayati Raj and Drinking Water department): Kandhamal.
4. Ranjana Chopra: (Principal Secretary, ST & SC Developmentdepartment): Dhenkanal.
5. Bishnupada Sethi: (Principal Secretary, Revenue & Disaster Management department): Koraput.
6. Suresh Kumar Vashishth: (Commissioner-cum-Secretary, Agriculture and Farmers’ Empowerment): Rayagada.
7. Shubha Sarma (Commissioner-cum-Secretary, Handloom, Textiles & Handicrafts): Gajapati.
8. Aravind Agrawal (Director, Social Welfare, Women and Child Development and Mission Shakti): Nabarangpur.
9. Sachin Ramchandra Jadhav (Director, Tourism): Nuapada.
10. R Raghu Prasad (Commissioner-cum-Secretary- Fisheries & Animal Resources Development): Malkangiri.
(Edited by Suryakant Jena)