• Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • LinkedIn
  • Telegram
  • Koo
  • Youtube
  • ଓଡ଼ିଆରେ ପଢନ୍ତୁ
Nitesh Kumar Sahoo

Several shops were reduced to ashes after a major fire broke out at Unit-1 market in Bhubaneswar late on Tuesday night.

According to sources, thick smoke was seen coming out from a shop at around 10: 45 pm and soon, the fire spread to other shops.

The locals immediately informed the incident to the fire station following which fire brigade teams from Kalpana and Lokseva Bhawan rushed to the spot. As many as four fire tenders were engaged to douse the flame, sources added.

The majority of the victims of the fire mishap are small-scale traders. As many as seven shops including snacks and electrical shops were damaged in the fire tragedy while two shops were completely gutted, sources informed.

Though the exact reason behind the fire is unknown, it is believed a short circuit might be the reason behind the mishap, a Fire Services department official said.

"The exact reason behind the fire mishap is unknown. I had closed my shop at 8 pm and returned home. I rushed to the spot after being informed about the fire tragedy. When I reached the spot, the shops were completely gutted. The tragic incident caused a loss of property worth around Rs 2 lakh," said a broken snacks shop owner.  

The total property loss in the fire tragedy will be estimated today.

(Edited By Rashmi Ranjan Mohanty)
 

Other Stories

scrollToTop