• Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • LinkedIn
  • Telegram
  • Koo
  • Youtube
  • ଓଡ଼ିଆରେ ପଢନ୍ତୁ
Rajendra Prasad Mohapatra

In a shocking incident, a baby was delivered at Polsara Community Health Center Ganjam District under cellphone light and candles due to an abrupt power cut on Monday night.

A video of the incident has reportedly gone viral over various social media platforms.

Tension ran high at the hospital following the incident as the relatives of the lady expressed resentment against the hospital authority regarding the poor healthcare facility at the health center.

As per reports, the light went out at the hospital due to an untimely power cut during the delivery of the woman. The doctors of the hospital were forced to treat the patient during the crucial period by using cellphone torches and candles as the CHC doesn’t have a generator or inverter facility. Even the newborn baby was treated by using cellphone torch post delivery.

“We didn’t have any option but to treat the patient under cellphone torch as we don’t have a generator at the CHC,” said doctor Pranjya Prathama.

“We referred the newborn baby to Berhampur Medical for better treatment. But the family members of the lady requested us to continue the treatment here. We had to treat both the mother and the newborn within the limited healthcare facilities at the CHC,” she added.

Other Stories

scrollToTop