Methi chicken is a winter special chicken dish with contains healthy fenugreek / methi leaves in it. The aroma and taste of fresh methi leaves in the curry make the curry finger-licking. The healthy benefits of fenugreek, the protein from the chicken, and the subtle use of spices makes the dish delectable.
Ingredients For Methi Chicken:
- 4 tbsp Oil
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 100 gms Red Onion (chopped)
- 750 gms Chicken
- 2 cups Fresh Fenugreek Leaves
- 1/2 cup Yogurt
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp coriander seeds (crushed)
- 2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
Methi Chicken Preparation Method:
- Heat oil and ghee in a pan, add cumin seeds, bay leaves, finely chopped onion and salt.
- Stir them till the onion becomes soft and golden-brown in colour.
- Take a bowl, add yogurt, turmeric powder, crushed coriander seeds, red chilli powder, ginger-garlic paste and garam masala powder. Mix them well and add it to the chicken and cook this on high flames till it releases oil.
- Now add chicken pieces and fresh fenugreek leaves to it. Mix it and let it cook on high flame for 2-3 min.
- Once the chicken pieces are seared in high flame, add water to it. Cover it with lid and cook on low flame for 20 minutes.
- Methi Chicken is ready to be served!