The separation of Tollywood's celebrated couple Samantha Ruth Prabhu and Naga Chaitanya was one of the most heartbreaking announcements of last year for many of their fans.
While the duo was looked upon as an ideal couple by many, Sam and Chay had set major couple goals. However, the celebrity couple announced their separation on October 2 following several rumours on social media.
Both Sam and Chay had requested all to extend their support to them during the difficult times and respect their privacy. But, several buzzes popped up following the announcement. While some blamed the 'Oh! Baby' actress for the separation, a bunch of others shifted the blame on Chay for the same. Following that, the couple had stated in a joint statement that their separation was mutual.
Perturbed by the rumours and buzzes in the industry, the 'Ye Maaya Chesave' actors opened up that it was not easy for either of them to take such a big decision and it took a toll on their mental health. However, rumour-mongering and chatterboxes didn't stop.
After several months of their separation, Chay's father and Tollywood King Nagarjuna has revealed something ‘big’ busting the fresh rumours. Nagarjuna rubbished it and stated it as absolute nonsense.
Nagarjuna was quoted with the statement that it was Samantha who initiated for separation. Even several Telugu publications even claimed that Nagarjuna had discussed the issue with them.
The reports are said to have upset both Samantha and Naga Chaitanya, which provoked Nagarjuna to make his displeasure with the media known to all.
Requesting the media to stop spreading "rumours", Nagarjuna said: "The news in social media and electronic media quoting my statement about Samantha and Naga Chaitanya is completely false and absolute nonsense! I request media friends to please refrain from posting rumours as news."
He concluded his message with the hashtag: "#GiveNewsNotRumours."
The news in social media and electronic media quoting my statement about Samantha & Nagachaitanya is completely false and absolute nonsense!!— Nagarjuna Akkineni (@iamnagarjuna) January 27, 2022
I request media friends to please refrain from posting rumours as news. #GiveNewsNotRumours
Nagarjuna was quoted by a publication as saying that it was Samantha's decision to separate and Chay accepted her decision. The publication also quoted Nagarjuna saying that Chay, though accepted her decision, he was worried about how it would affect the family's reputation.
As claimed by IndiaGlitz, Nagarjuna during an interview said Chay accepted Sam's decision but was worried about him (Nagarjuna) and what would he think.
"Naga Chaitanya consoled me very much as he thought I will be worried," Nagarjuna was quoted as saying.
Further, he was quoted as saying said, "They both have been together for 4 years in the marriage life but no problem like this came between them. Both were so close and I don't know how it came down to this decision. They even celebrated 2021's New Year together, it seems that the problems have arisen after that."