Ranbir Kapoor and Alia Bhatt must be on cloud nine with the roaring success of their latest release Brahmastra: Part One- Shiva. While earlier the makers were concerned over the boycott calls, the monstrous worldwide box office collection has helped the movie set several new records.
The official statement from the team of Brahmastra claimed that the movie crossed Rs 160 crore mark in just two days of its release, with the latest reports suggesting that the highly anticipated flick's gross worldwide box office collection in its first weekend crossed the Rs 225 crore mark.
With this, the shares of India’s largest theatre chains PVR and Inox surged by nearly 4% each, adding Rs 650 crore to investor wealth and recuperating most of their losses from the Friday slump.
While recently, south movies broke several records in the Indian film industry, now it seems, Brahmastra is on its way to reclaiming the rightful glory of the B-Town.
Here we bring the list of some records made by Brahmastra which was shared by a leading entertainment portal PinkVilla.
- First Bollywood movie to top worldwide weekend chart.
- First Indian flick to top the Australian box office.
- Biggest opening day in North America for a Bollywood movie.
- Biggest single day and weekend collection at IMAX in India for a Bollywood movie.
- Nett in PVR for a Bollywood film.
- Biggest opening day and opening weekend for an Alia Bhatt film.
- Biggest opening day for Ranbir Kapoor's film.
- Biggest opening day and weekend for a Bollywood movie dubbed in South Indian languages.
- Biggest single day and opening weekend for a Bollywood film in Tamil Nadu.
- Biggest opening day, single day and opening weekend for a Bollywood film dubbed in Telugu.
Apart from the top 10 records, Brahmastra also becomes the seventh Bollywood movie to cross Rs 100 crore in the opening weekend. Moreover, it also became the B Town movie in all languages with the second biggest opening weekend of all time and Bollywood movie in Hindi with the fourth biggest opening weekend of all time. It also has grabbed the second spot as the second Indian film at the New Zealand box office.
Well, Ranbir, Alia, Ayan and Karan Johar will certainly be basking in the success of Brahmastra and the new records of the Indian cine industry set by the movie show why.
It seems the outrageous boycott calls and controversies surrounding the makers and actors of Brahmastra faded away which helped the film to emerge as a new trendsetter.