Despite a sharp fall in the number of daily Covid-19 cases, the virus is still prevalent in the country. Hence, it is necessary that proper preventive measures and Covid-19 appropriate behaviour is duly followed.
In a circular, the All India Council For Technical Education (AICTE) has issued guidelines/Standard Operating Procedures (SoPs) which need to be followed by all its affiliated institutions and universities.
Already, the government of India has decided to discontinue the provisions of Disaster Management Act, 2005 with effect from April 1, 2022 to manage the pandemic.
COVID-19 Guidelines/ SOPs for AICTE Approved Institutions/Universities:
-Thermal screening of students and staff, sanitation and use of mask/facecover should be ensured at all entry and exit points.
-Frequent washing of hands and use of alcohol-based hand sanitisers must be mandatory.
- Physical distancing norms need to be followed by all the students and staff.
- Mandatory cleaning and regular disinfection of premises and buses must be ensured.
-Students and staff having symptoms of Covid-19 should be isolated and testing should be carried out.
- Students or staff whose family members are infected should not join the institution.
- For all the institutions, conducting of physical classes to be done as per the decision of the respective States/ UTs
- Online teaching-learning arrangements should be made for international students who are unable to join the programme due to travel or visa-related issues.
For more details, visit the AICTE website. Click here.