Bhubaneswar: The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) on Tuesday invited applications from school teachers and principals for Honours of Excellence in Teaching and School Leadership 2020-21.
As per a notification issued by the board, the applicants will be evaluated on the basis of general and specific criteria and only online applications will be accepted. The last date of submission of application is June 28, 2021.
All teachers presently working with the private schools affiliated to CBSE who have completed at least 10 years of regular service as a teacher in either CBSE or any other recognized Board of School Education affiliated school(s) by 31st March 2021 can apply.
It is pertinent to mention here that Central Board of Secondary Education honours outstanding teachers and Principals of its affiliated schools annually on the occasion of Teachers’ Day ( 5th September) to recognise their exemplary contribution to enhance the quality of teaching and learning. Each honour consists of a merit certificate and a cash prize of Rs 50,000.
- All teachers presently working with the private schools affiliated to CBSE who have completed at least 10 years of regular service as a teacher in either CBSE or any other recognized Board of School Education affiliated school(s) by 31st March 2021 can apply.
- All Principals of the private schools affiliated to CBSE who have completed 10 years of regular service as a teacher and 5 years as a Principal in CBSE affiliated school(s) by 31st March 2021 can apply.
- Teachers or Principals retired on 31st March 2021 or after may also apply if they fulfil all other conditions.
- Teachers or Principals who have already received CBSE Honour can apply for the National Award by Ministry of Education, if they are still otherwise eligible.
- Principals cannot apply in the category of teachers.
- An applicant can apply under only one category. All applicants shall apply directly by filling the application form online on or before June 28, 2021 and submit the following along with the application:
- Undertaking to the effect that all the particulars submitted are correct and copies of documents uploaded are genuine. If anything is found incorrect or forged at any stage, candidature will be liable for rejection and honour may be summarily withdrawn, if conferred. This can even lead to punishment as per the rule;
- Birth certificate; - Vigilance Clearance Certificate furnished by the Chairman/Manager of the School;
- Certificate of Continuous and Regular Service furnished by the Chairman/Manager of school after verifying that there is no break in the service of the applicant during the last 10 years (in case of teachers) and 15 years (in case of Principals);
- Certificates/degrees and mark statements of Class 10/11/12/Equivalent; Graduation; Post Graduation and NTT/ETE/B.El.Ed./B.Ed./Others; - Class Result in Board/School and recommendation letters.
For selection procedure, visit the official CBSE website. Click here for the notification.