Bhubaneswar: The Central Board Of Secondary Education (CBSE) on Monday extended the last date for uploading the marks of practical, internal assessment for Class 12 exams. As per the latest notification, the board has extended the last date till June 28, 2021. Similarly, the schools with pending practical/ internal assessment are permitted to conduct them in online mode only, the notification added.
“It has been observed that some schools have not been able to complete the school-based assessments in various subjects due to the pandemic. Thus, the schools with pending practical’s/ internal assessments are permitted to conduct the same now only in online mode and upload marks on the provided link latest by June 28,” the notification read.
In subjects where external examiner has not been appointed, the concerned school teacher of the subject will conduct the internal assessment based on the instructions given in Curriculum in an online mode and upload the marks awarded at the link provided by the Board.
Earlier, the Class 12 exams for this year were cancelled on 1 June after a high-level meeting chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. As per the notification, the CBSE has listed several criteria for uploading the marks.
- The list of subjects and the breakup of marks for theory and practical/project/internal assessment, duration of examinations and whether external examiner will be appointed by CBSE was earlier issued.
-The conduct of practical exam, where external examiners are appointed by CBSE, he/she will decide the date of examination in consultation with internal examiners and take Viva Voce through online mode.
- In subjects where external examiner has not been appointed, the concerned school teacher of the subject will conduct the internal assessment based on the instructions given in Curriculum in an online mode and upload the marks awarded at the link provided by the Board.
- For the conduct of practical exam or project evaluation where external examiners are appointed by CBSE, external examiner will decide the date of examination in consultation with internal examiners and take Viva Voce through online mode.
- Internal examiner will share the date of examination with students preferably well in advance and on the day of exam, share the link of online meeting with the External Examiner and students. The conduct of assessment will be as per the norms given in the curriculum.
-Immediately on completion of the conduct of examination, the marks will be uploaded on the link provided by the Board. While uploading marks, it will be ensured that correct marks are uploaded as no correction in the marks once uploaded will be allowed subsequently. Both the Examiners should keep in mind that the marks allotted should not hunch towards the maximum marks which is highly unlikely in view of diverse levels of students.
- Internal Examiners will take an on-screen photograph of each student during viva voce and for school records. This photograph should have the picture of Internal Examiner, External Examiner and the student or recording of entire session could be kept. However, the policy of uploading the group photo has been suspended due to pandemic.
- Schools should strictly follow all the Covid protocols while conducting School Based Assessment.
- Teachers appointed as External Examiners shall accept the duty and complete the assignment within the extended timelines.
-No extension of the last date for uploading marks which is 28.06.2021 will be done. Thus, schools are advised to complete all evaluation well before June 28 and upload the marks meticulously.
“The policy for conduct of practical/project/internal assessment component for Private Candidates registered for 2021 Class XII exams will be declared soon. Rest of the conditions will remain the same as communicated in the earlier notification dated 11.02.2021,” the CBSE notification added.