The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has come up with a dedicated portal for the tabulation of marks/grades of Class 12 results.
The portal has been developed by the IT Department of CBSE to facilitate schools in implementing policy for the tabulation of marks/grades.
Board officials said that the portal has been developed in a record time and it will come handy for the schools to carry out necessary works without any hassles.
Here are the key components/ sections: - -Internal grades upload
- Practical, project, internal assessment marks upload.
- Class 12 data verification for Class X roll number, board and year of passing.
- Availability of historical performance of schools to be taken as reference for moderation.
- Class 9 theory marks data entry and upload.
- Class 12 Theory marks data entry and upload.
- Class 12 complete tabulation sheet for checking, moderation of theory marks (9 and 12) and upload.
CBSE has clarified that rest essential elements will be activated in due course of time to make it easy for the schools.
“A system has also been developed for computation of Class 10 component of marks based on result data available with the Board in case of students who passed their Class 10 Board from CBSE only,” said Dr Antriksh Johri, Director IT, CBSE.
Johri said that for other Boards, CBSE with the help of Regional Offices will collect result data from respective State Boards for the purpose of computation of Class 10 component (30%) of marks of Class 12.
The system will also compute Class XI component (30%) and Class 12 component (40%). “After collection of all marks, this portal will display complete tabulation sheet for the school with a feature of subject-wise marks and reference mean for the purpose of moderation of marks by the schools. This portal and the backend systems have eased out lots of burden of cumbersome calculations for the schools,” a CBSE release read.