The Odisha Vigilance Directorate on Tuesday arrested Ramesh Chandra Sahoo, a former Principal of Hira Nila College in Kalahandi after he was allegedly found possessing assets worth over Rs 5 crore.
The assets belonging to the former principal were detected following raids at five places linked to him and his family members in Khordha and Kalahandi districts. A case been registered against Sahoo and his spouse under sections 13(2), 13 (1)(b)/12 PC Act-1988 as amended by Prevention of Corruption (Amendment) Act-2018.
Vigilance officials said that five teams led by six Deputy Superintendent rank officers, four Inspectors and other staff had carried out the searches.
Properties & Assets Detected:
-One single storeyed building at Biswanathpur in Kalahandi worth over Rs.24.43 Lakhs.
-One simplex house at Dumduma Housing Board colony, Bhubaneswar worth Rs.16 Lakhs.
- 3 Crusher Units at Khordha and Pokharibandh, Biswanathpur, Kalahandi worth Rs.2.85 Crores.
- 1 plot at Pokharibandh, Biswanathpur in Kalahandi.
- 2 four wheelers (Mahindra XUV 500 & TATA Safari car) worth Rs.25 Lakhs.
- 4 Trucks / Tippers worth Rs.51 Lakhs. - 2 JCBs worth Rs.46.25 Lakhs.
- 4 two wheelers worth Rs.2.40 Lakhs.
- Fixed deposits, Bank and Insurance deposits worth approx Rs.37 Lakhs.
- Cash Rs.1.94 Lakhs, household articles and stocks of 2 Crusher Units at Khordha and Biswanathpur, Kalahanadi