Even as the Odisha government on Saturday issued fresh unlock guidelines for the month of August, restrictions continues to remain in force in the three mega cities of the State - Bhubaneswar, Cuttack and Puri which continue to report high Covid-19 cases as compared to other districts in the State.
Though the government extended the timings for operation of commercial establishments till 8 pm across the State every day, shops in Cuttack, Bhubaneswar and Puri will be allowed to function only on weekdays.
There will be night curfew across Odisha from 8 pm to 6 am every day. The weekend shutdown restrictions shall only remain in force in Bhubaneswar, Cuttack and Puri.
Here are the special directions which will be implemented during weekend shutdown in Cuttack, Bhubaneswar and Puri:
- All commercial establishments including essential item shops, food and vegetable shops, excluding all medicine/ pharmaceuticals/ medical devices/optical shops shall remain closed.
- Home delivery of essential goods, food items, including grocery, vegetables, fish, meat, egg and milk are permitted. Further, home delivery of food by restaurants, hotels and aggregators such as Swiggy, Zomato is allowed.
- No restrictions shall apply to COVID testing and vaccination centres and movement of persons/ vehicles for COVID testing and vaccination shall be allowed.
- All Government & Private offices/ establishments dealing with essential services/ utility providers like power, telecommunication, water supply, Police, Security etc. shall remain functional.
- Movement of private four and two wheeler, auto rickshaws, cab aggregators such as Ola, Uber etc. are allowed for dropping and picking up passengers to and from airports, railway stations and bus stands.