Odisha on Tuesday reported a sudden dip in its daily Covid-19 tally while reporting 5891 fresh infections, a fall of 1400 cases compared to the previous day.
Of the new virus cases, 852 positives are from the 0-18 year age group. While 3413 cases have been reported from quarantine, 2478 are local transmission positives.
Despite ebb in its daily virus tally from few days ago, Khordha accounted for the highest number of infections among all districts with 1500 persons testing positive in the last one day while Sundargarh reported 501 cases and Cuttack 482 cases.
With this, the total confirmed cases in the State climbed up to 1217842 and active cases touched 77340.
On the other hand, the mortality figures due to Covid-19 remained steady despite the decline in the positive cases. Seven more persons have succumbed to the virus in the State in the past 24 hours, taking the death toll to 8532, said the State Health department.
While three deaths were reported from Khordha (including one in Bhubaneswar), one each from Dhenkanal, Jajpur, Jharsuguda, Kendrapara districts succumbed to the virus.
Here are details of the deceased
1. A 72 years old Male of Bhubaneswar who was also suffering from Diabetes Melitus & Hypertension.
2. A 54 years old Female of Dhenkanal District who was also suffering from Rheumatic heart disease, Multiple sclerosis, Aortic regurgitation & Derived Forearm Vascular Resistance.
3. A 62 years old Male of Jajpur District.
4. A 60 years old Male of Jharsuguda District.
5. A 10 days years old Male child of Kendrapara District.
6. A 51 years old Female of Khordha District.
7. A 88 years old Male of Khordha District who was also suffering from Hypertension.