Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, Odisha government has allowed distribution of Food Security Allowance under the Mid-Day Meal programme to students.
"...pleased to allow the distribution of Food Security Allowance under Mid-Day Meal Programme (both rice & cooking cost) for COVID-19 pandemic to the eligible students as per MOM Rules for 37 days for the period from 01.04.2021 to 30.06.2021 for school working days at one go (in the 1" phase) for the year 2021-22,” read the official notification.
Distribution Of Food Security Allowance Under MDM Details:
1. The dry ration (rice) shall be provided for 37 days at school point by the Head Master in presence of the SMC out of the available MDM rice in schools to the parents of the children.
2. The allotment of MDM rice shall be lifted by the MDM Transport Contractor as per the need. follow the terms & conditions of the agreement.
3. During the entire process, transparency should be ensured and all related registers be maintained as required for audit.
4. Similarly, payment of cooking cost for 37 days should be made directly to the account of school students/parents/guardian on DBT mode. In hard cases, where account transfer is not possible. then payment through acquittance register can be made.
5. All COVID-19 safety norms like face masking, hand sanitizing, social distancing etc. shall be strictly adhered to during the transportation and dry ration rice distribution.
6. The SMC shall be kept informed while distributing the MDM rice at school points.
7. Planning and arrangements for distribution shall be made in such a manner (like having time slot and open space etc.) so that congregation is avoided.
8. The stipulations issued by SRC, Odisha in view of the Covid-19 pandemic shall be strictly followed
9. Collector of the district is the appropriate authority to give go ahead signal to the District Education Officer for distribution of MOM entitlement after satisfying himself that Covid protocol shall not be violated.