Odisha continued to witness a downtrend in daily Covid-19 cases as the State registered 5,901 infections and eight fatalities on Thursday, informed the Information and Public Relations (I&PR) Department.
With this, the cumulative Covid-19 tally in the State rose to 12,31,169 while the death toll stood at 8,550.
Of the new cases today, 739 positives are from the 0-18 year age group. A total of 3,413 cases have been reported from quarantine while 2,478 are local transmission cases, added the I&PR Department.
Cases in other districts
Jajpur (191), Nuapada (189), Balangir (184), Nayagarh (180), Kalahandi (168), Mayurnbhanj (149), Kendrapara (144), Sambalpur (138), Kenjhar (128), Puri (117), Nabarangpur (113), Bargarh (102), Rayagada (101), Bhadrak (96), Ganjam (95), Angul (93), Deogarh (89), Kandhamal (86), Sonepur (86), Jagatsinghpur (82), Boudh (78), Dhenkanal (73), Gajapati (69), Koraput (64), Jharsuguda (63),Malkangiri (55) and State Pool (291).
In terms of fatalities, three deaths were reported from Sundargarh district while one each from Balasore, Khordha (Bhubaneswar), Keonjhar, Koraput and Rayagada districts, informed the Health and Family Welfare (H&FW) Department.
Details of the deceased:
- An 80-year-old male of Balasore district who was also suffering from Chronic Kidney Disease, Cerebro Vascular Accident.
- A 82-year-old male of Bhubaneswar in Khorhda district who was also suffering from Carcinoma in Lung with Metastasis.
- A 64-year-old female of Keonjhar district who was also suffering from Diabetes Mellitus & Hypertension.
- A 45-year-old male of Koraput district who was also suffering from Bronchial Asthma.
- A 45-year-old Female of Rayagada district.
- A 75-year-old male of Sundargarh district who was also suffering from Hypertension.
- A 38-year-old female of Sundargarh district who was also suffering from Diabetes Mellitus, Hypothyroidism, Rheumatic Heart Disease.
- A 55-year-old female of Sundargarh district who was also suffering from Hypertension.
A total of 2,73,18,915 samples have been tested, 63,209 in the last 24 hours, in the State so far. The daily test positivity rate stood at 9.3. On the other hand, a total of 7426 cases of COVID infections have been reported on Wednesday from the State.